Writing HTML |
Welcome to the MCLI tutorial for creating World Wide Web pages. This tutorial
was designed to help instructors create lessons that access
information on the Internet. Therefore, the exercises involve
writing a lesson called Volcanoes!.
However, this tutorial may be used by anyone interested in learning
how to create World Wide Web pages.
Better Perfomance! - Download the
tutorial files in formats for editing on Macintosh or Windows computers
Before you start....
- Read the Introduction. Really! It contains
- Take a peek at a sample of the World Wide
Web page you will develop in this tutorial.
- It may help to use the Hotlist feature in your version of
WWW browser to place a marker for this page. Later, it will help you to
quickly return to a particular lesson.
Select a lesson from the list below. We suggest that you proceed
in order since each lesson builds upon examples from the previous one.
Index of Lessons
- Creating Your First HTML Document
- Modifying an HTML Document
- Headings- Six Levels Deep
- Breaking up into Paragraphs
- Doing it with Style
- Lists, Lists, and Lists
- 7a Graphics File Formats
- 7b Inline Images
- Linking it with Anchors
- 8a Links to Local Files
- 8b URLs- Web Pointers
- 8c Links to the World- Internet sites
- 8d HyperGraphic Links
Writing HTML Lesson Index
Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction (MCLI)
Maricopa County Community College District, Arizona